Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pizza? Why not?

Last night I started doing kettle bell swings...an exercise that works my whole body and is something I can do while I have a hurt foot. I'm hoping this helps my legs and stomach area tone more during my weight loss. I plan to do them daily, at least 5 days a week (hopefully in the morning buuut we'll see).

I didn't want to do them...I worked all day then had night class. I got home at 9:15 PM and was tired. But I did them! So, that's an accomplishment!!  :)  While I was doing it, I realized it weighs 15 lbs...and that's about the weight I have LOST. It helped me to think about that -- that amount of weight used to be on my body. Eek.

My biggest food issue with low carb is that I don't want JUST "meat and veggies". It's the easiest  to just grill some meat and have veggies with it. But that just gets old. So, I've been working to find all new recipes for some of my favorites like lasagna, pizza, fried rice, chips, etc.  I've been following the blog Peace, Love, and Low Carb and it's helped me tons! I really appreciate her recipes.

Today I made pizza. Kind of. It was portobello mushroom pizza. Quite tasty!!



Recipe/Directions:

2 3 oz Portobello mushroom, stem removed
1/4 cup marinara or pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
toppings

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the mushroom on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven, spread sauce in the cups of the mushrooms.
Add toppings (I used Jimmy Deans Sausage, onions).
Cover with cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment